Home News Reviews Forums Shop

OptoRite DD1203 12x DVD±RW

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Postby Kennyshin on Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:29 am

Scour wrote:
Kennyshin wrote:MSI is Accesstek is Optorite though the relationship is more like Mitsubishi to Mitsubishi Chemical to Verbatim.

Hm, but some drives from MSI seem to be not manufactured by OptoRite: CR 52M, X48.

I thought OptoRite have a relationship with Sanyo?

MSI didn´t released the 1203, will it come?

Is this drive also an OptoRite?

http://www.geizhals.at/deutschland/a106590.html

Hm. What I meant was that MSI created Optorite for DVD writer distribution in North American market.

MSI has a relationship with Sanyo so Optorite has it, too.

http://www.accesstek.com.tw/_english/1_ ... _about.php

Accesstek Incorporation is a reputable optical storage drives manufacturer. The company was founded in August 2000 by a group of highly experienced R&D and industry elites from the optical storage field. Base on high technology, Accesstek always strives to reach the "high quality", with "high performance", "fully compatibility", and merit "customer reliability". Furthermore, Accesstek has developed a series of high-speed CD-RW drives, COMBO drives, and DVD Dual drives.

Accesstek is inherent in its name and her intention is to simplify and popularize complex optical storage technologies in order to make them more convenient in our lives.

Every employee of Accesstek is following the five major missions to create best interests for the company and shareholders.
" Innovational " to lead the industry by innovating technology
" Sincere " to serve customers with sincere attitude
" Professional " professional business management and operation
" Sensible " sensibly caring for employees
" Profitable " to optimize profits as the operating goal

Oct. 8x DVD Dual drives with HD-BURN function has launched

May Establish branch office OptoRite Europe B.V. in the Netherlands.

Apr. 4x DVD Dual drives with HD-BURN function has launched

Mar. Establish logistic center in the Netherlands.

Mar. Launched COMBO drive.

Feb. Launched the first 52X/32X/52X CD-Rewriter in the world.

Feb. Launched DVD+RW 4X drive.

Dec. Product launched for 52X CD-Rewriter.

Jun. Product launched for 48X CD-Rewriter.

May Product launched for 40X CD-Rewriter.

Feb. Product launched for 32X CD-Rewriter.

Jan. Established branch office OptoRite Inc. in the US.

Dec. Capital increased to NTD292 millions.

Oct. Product launched for 16X CD-Rewriter. Marketed OptoRite brand globally.

Sep. Product launched for 12X CD-Rewriter.

Jan. Launched the first 8X CD-rewriter.

Aug. Accesstek Inc. was founded

You can see why MSI CD burners were not made by Accesstek/Optorite.

Accesstek was a MSI company though it was not 100% owned by MSI. MSI cooperates with Compal, another manufacturer in Taiwan, and sold some of its Accesstek shares to Compal but MSI and Compal also work together on some things. Naturally, Optorite products are sometimes distributed through MSI channels because Microstar International has a global marketing presence while Optorite is relatively new at everything.

You have to look at MSI Taiwan, Accesstek Taiwan, and Optorite websites at once to keep track of these relationships.
Kennyshin
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:43 am

MSI created Optorite? I was fairly certain they were created by Accesstek. Then again, MSI pretty much controls Accesstek. In 2001, they bought about 60% of Accesstek's shares.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby raygay27 on Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:30 am

i wonder Sony DRU540 also using optorite oem.
raygay27
CD-RW Thug

Postby Ian on Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:42 am

raygay27 wrote:i wonder Sony DRU540 also using optorite oem.

Yes
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby BurninMan921 on Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:53 pm

Scour wrote:Hello!

Nice looking drive, totally different to other Optorite-products.

I think HD-Burn is only 8x

Nope. It's 78x. HD-BURN packs 2x the data onto a normal CD-R; since the disc still spins at the same speed, you get 2x the read rate. My old DD0401 could read 'em at 80x-82x. The only problem? About 10-15% of the discs I burned with HD-BURN had bad spots* (and this with TY media). They change pit size and the error correcting scheme; worthless, basically.

Plextors GigaRec is much nicer; A) it only changes pit size; B) you can control how much of a change.

*Not to mention that CD-R's (or DVD+Rs burned at 8x) had just HORRIBLE write quality; stupid Z-CLV burner; you could see EVERY zone ont he bottom of the disc.
Soon to be proud user of Mandrake 10 (again!). SuSE 9 sucks!
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player

Postby Scour on Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:03 pm

BurninMan921 wrote:Nope. It's 78x. HD-BURN packs 2x the data onto a normal CD-R; since the disc still spins at the same speed, you get 2x the read rate. My old DD0401 could read 'em at 80x-82x. The only problem? About 10-15% of the discs I burned with HD-BURN had bad spots* (and this with TY media). They change pit size and the error correcting scheme; worthless, basically.

Plextors GigaRec is much nicer; A) it only changes pit size; B) you can control how much of a change.

*Not to mention that CD-R's (or DVD+Rs burned at 8x) had just HORRIBLE write quality; stupid Z-CLV burner; you could see EVERY zone ont he bottom of the disc.

I understand. But the HD-Burn could only read on the newer Sanyo-based drives like some MSI, right?

Plextor´s Gigarec-CD´s could be read in other drives, it depends on the data you write, if you write the max. data other drives have problems

I´m think it´s not bad to see the burning-zone´s on the media, when the writing quality is good
Benq DW 1640 and 1650 , Plextor PX-755, Pioneer BDR-208 and 209D, LG GH24NSC0, LG BH16NS40 and 16NS55, Liteon ihas 124F and 324F, Pioneer DVR-215 and S21, Samsung SH-224DB and 224GB, and some more

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player

Postby BurninMan921 on Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:05 pm

Yup, only Sanyo drives can read 'em. So far, looks like most of their dvd burners can.

My DD0401 does ok as far as write quality is concerned, but ONLY if the write speed stays constant. Both DVDs and CDs written with Z-CLV on my drive have come out very poor quality, and I've had more than a few that I've had to toss because they were bad.
Soon to be proud user of Mandrake 10 (again!). SuSE 9 sucks!
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player

Previous

Return to DVD Writers