Model: SanDisk Ultra Backup
Provided By: SanDisk
SanDisk has been a leader in the storage industry for more than 20 years. Founded in 1988 by Dr. Eli Harari, the company has grown to become the world's largest supplier of flash memory data storage products. The company offers a wide range of products including memory cards, USB flash drives, SSDs and its popular line of Sansa music and video players.
While the market is already full of backup solutions from various vendors, this hasn't stopped SanDisk from introducing their own. At the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show, SanDisk unveiled the Ultra Backup. The first of its kind, this innovative USB flash drive offers simple backup at the touch of a button. No cables are required and with SanDisk's U3 platform on board, there is no need to install any software. Just plug it in, push the button and your photos, videos and documents are automatically copied onto the drive. Once on the Ultra Backup, your files are kept safe using both password protection and AES hardware encryption.
SanDisk is now in the process of releasing an updated version of the Ultra Backup. While the drive itself hasn't changed much, if at all, the backup software has been given a major overhaul. SanDisk has dropped support for their U3 platform in favor of a more traditional software solution. This may be a good or bad thing, depending on your experiences with U3. However, the Ultra Backup now offers improved support for Windows 7 and, for the first time, Mac OS X.
- HornetTek Goliath USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure
- Super Talent Express DUO USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Flash Drive
- RAIDON ST1000 Two in One Internal Drive Modules
- Western Digital Livewire Powerline AV Network Kit
- Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ USB Flash Drive
- Leadtek WinFast PxVC1100 MPEG-2/H.264 Transcoding Card
- HornetTek X2-RAID Dual Bay eSATA/USB 2.0 Enclosure
- Matrox CompressHD H.264 Encoding Accelerator Card
- SanDisk Cruzer Enterprise USB Flash Drive