Model: Samsung SH-S223Q 22x DVD±RW/RAM
Manufacturer: Samsung Electronics
Provided By: Samsung America
Samsung Electronics has been a leader in the electronics industry for more than 30 years. Since the introduction of their first television in 1970, this Korean company has grown to become one of the world's leading electronics manufacturers, offering everything from tiny semiconductors to large home appliances. Samsung is no stranger to the optical storage industry either. Working closely with companies like Toshiba, they've lead the way in this area, developing and manufacturing a wide range of products for the OEM and retail markets.
One of the latest additions to Samsung's already impressive line of DVD writers is the SH-S223Q. Featuring some of the fastest reading and writing speeds available, this Serial ATA equipped "Super-WriteMaster" drive is capable of 22x DVD±R, 16x DVD+R DL, 12x DVD-R DL, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW and 12x DVD-RAM writing speeds, and a maximum DVD read speed of 16x. The SH-S223Q also offers a number of features including HP's LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling system and Samsung's TruDirect recording technology.
With features and specs like this, the SH-S223Q sounds like it has a lot of potential. To give you an idea of what to expect from Samsung's new DVD writer, we'll take a look at some of its features and then see how it compares to some of the 22x and 20x DVD±RW drives from the competition. Does the SH-S223Q have what it takes? Is it the best bang for your buck? Keep reading as we find out.
- Lite-On eTAU208 8x USB 2.0 DVD±RW/RAM
- Lite-On iHAS424-08 24x "Super AllWrite" DVD±RW/RAM
- ASUS SDRW-08D1S-U 8x USB 2.0 DVD±RW/RAM
- Lite-On iHAS422 22x "Super AllWrite" DVD±RW/RAM
- Sony Optiarc AD-7240S 24x DVD±RW/RAM
- Plextor PX-Q840U Qflix 20x DVD±RW/RAM
- Pioneer DVR-2920Q Qflix 20x DVD±RW/RAM
- Pioneer DVR-116D 20x DVD±RW
- Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7200S 20x DVD±RW/RAM
- LG GH22LP20 22x "Super-Multi" DVD±RW/RAM