LG Electronics is one of Korea's oldest and most respected consumer electronics firms. Since the introduction of their first radio in 1959, the company has grown to become one of the world's top electronics manufacturers, offering everything from large home appliances to tiny mobile phones. LG is no stranger to the storage industry either. Working closely with companies like Hitachi, they've lead the way in this area, developing and manufacturing a wide range of optical storage products, including the industry's first "Super-Multi" drives.
These days, LG has its sights set on the network attached storage market. Over the last year or so, the company has introduced a number of Super-Multi NAS devices aimed at home and small business users. One of the latest additions to LG's lineup is the N1T1. This single bay NAS device offers 1TB of storage as well as a built-in DVD writer. Along with the usual file and print services, the N1T1 features support for Apple's Time Machine, DLNA media streaming, torrent file sharing and the ability to backup data from CD's, DVD's and USB storage devices. Last but not least, the device can be configured for use as an external hard drive and DVD writer.
|LG N1T1 1TB Super Multi NAS with DVD Rewriter|
Super-Multi DVD Re-Writer
Network File Services
Needless to say, this is only a taste of what LG's single bay NAS has to offer. To give you an idea of what to expect, we'll take an in-depth look at the N1T1's features and then put it through its paces to see how it performs. Does LG's new NAS have what it takes? Keep reading as we find out.
- ASUS TS mini Home Server
- Super Talent Express DUO USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Flash Drive
- RAIDON ST1000 Two in One Internal Drive Modules
- Western Digital Livewire Powerline AV Network Kit
- SanDisk Ultra Backup USB Flash Drive
- Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ USB Flash Drive
- Leadtek WinFast PxVC1100 MPEG-2/H.264 Transcoding Card
- HornetTek X2-RAID Dual Bay eSATA/USB 2.0 Enclosure
- Matrox CompressHD H.264 Encoding Accelerator Card