Transcend Information, Inc. (Transcend), a worldwide leader in storage and multimedia products, today announced the launch of its advanced MSA720 SATA III 6Gb/s mSATA solid state drive (SSD). The new MSA720 packs all the benefits of SATA III 6Gb/s performance and SSD reliability into an ultra-small design, to offer the ideal solution for space-restricted embedded systems that use the mini-PCIe (mSATA) interface.
Supporting the next-generation SATA III 6Gb/s standard and built around a powerful SandForce SF2281 controller, the MSA720 delivers blazing fast sequential transfer speeds up to 560MB/s read and 530MB/s write, and impressive 4K random file writes up to 91,000 IOPS. This outstanding performance is particularly beneficial in dual-drive hybrid systems, where a large capacity hard drive is used for storing data, while the MSA720 acts as a cache drive to accelerate operating system boot-up time and commonly-used application launch speed.
Only one-eighth the size of a standard 2.5” SSD and weighing just seven grams, the MSA720 is perfect for use in thin-and-light portable devices such as Ultrabooks, notebooks, and tablet PCs. Moreover, the use of top quality Toggle-mode MLC NAND flash chips provides excellent shock and vibration resistance to compact industrial applications such as slim servers and medical equipment, where sustained performance and reliability are a major concern. Support for S.M.A.R.T., TRIM and NCQ functions further increase the long-term health and efficiency of the SSD.
To prevent unauthorized access to data, the MSA720 features hardware-based 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) protection that automatically encrypts all data written to the SSD in real time, with no reduction in performance. In addition, the MSA720 uses DuraWrite flash endurance enhancement to ensure ultimate reliability, data retention, and power handling, giving peace of mind to users who heavily rely on the data stored in their computers.
The MSA720 is available in 64GB and 128GB capacities, and backed by a three-year limited warranty.
- Verbatim Ships Store ‘n’ Go Micro USB Drive And Micro USB Drive Plus
- KINGMAX Launches ED-07 USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- PQI Introduces Stainless Steel U821V USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- RunCore Launches InVincible SSD With Self-Destruct Button
- Dane-Elec Introduces mySSD O-Series SSDs For The Embedded Computing Market
- Transcend Displays Complete Industrial Lineup At ESEC 2012
- Team Group Presents Industrial Embedded NAND Flash SSDs At ESEC 2012
- TDK Launches SMG3B Series mSATA SSD
- Kingston Expands Device Support For Wi-Drive
- IceWEB Selects OCZ Talos 2 And Deneva 2 SSDs For High-Performance Unified Data Storage Systems