PROMISE Technology Inc., a leader in providing high-performance storage solutions for the rich media market and the leader in designing cutting-edge Thunderbolt enabled devices today introduced the Pegasus J2, the world's fastest ultraportable Thunderbolt storage device, capable of delivering up to 750MB/s in a device the size of a smartphone. Pegasus J2 brings an unparalleled level of performance in a small form factor to the market enabling both consumers and media professionals to manage the explosion of unstructured data and digital assets critical to their creative projects. The J2 is the perfect complement for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.
Compatible with all Thunderbolt enabled Macs, the PROMISE Pegasus J2 is a pocket-sized, blazing fast external storage device that offers up to half a Terabyte of storage and is available in 256GB and 512GB capacities. The Pegasus J2 is flash-based making it the ideal solution for anyone who craves extreme performance in the consumer and professional post-production markets. This addition to its internationally award winning Pegasus line boasts a cutting edge, compact product design with an emphasis on reducing the footprint coupled with reduced environmental noise.
"We are very excited to deliver this new expansion peripheral storage device that helps continue our leadership of Thunderbolt enabled storage devices," said Alice Chang, CMO, PROMISE Technology. "The new Pegasus J2 brings unprecedented performance, flexibility and portability to consumers and creative media professionals. Designed for extreme speed and portability, these products enhance our ground-breaking Pegasus family."
Pegasus J2 Pricing and Availability
Pegasus J2 JBOD expansion units will be available for order from the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com) beginning in early Q3.
- LSI Extends MegaRAID Controller And HBA Families With PCI Express 3.0
- Belkin Brings Television To Mobile Devices With @TV
- D-Link Ships SharePort All-in-One Mobile Companion
- Cache SSDs To Continue To Outsell Hybrid Hard Drives
- Western Digital Enters Wireless Home Networking Market
- SATA-IO Rolls Out USM Slim Specification for Thinner, Lighter External Storage
- Creative Announces Sound BlasterAxx
- VIA Labs Announces Third Generation Low-Power USB 3.0 Hub Controller
- mLogic Showcases mLink PCIe To Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis At NAB 2012
- ICY DOCK Introduces Dual Channel MB982IP-1S-1 2.5-inch SAS SSD/HDD Converter