Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. continues its innovation in the optical disc drive category with today’s announcement of its new professional, high definition BDXL internal Blu-ray Disc drive. The Pioneer BDR-206MBK, BDXL writer for Windows based personal computers, is the first drive to read and write using the new multi-layer recordable Blu-ray Disc format. BDXL more than doubles the current maximum Blu-ray Disc storage capacity and is ideal for various commercial uses such as video and broadcast archiving and storage, capturing and playback of high definition programming or data archiving needs. The BDR-206MBK also enhances recording accuracy and further limits artificial noise for quality playback.
By integrating additional layers to traditional Blu-ray Discs, BDXL offers up to 128 GB of storage capacity on a quadruple layer disc. The BDR-206MBK drive allows users to read/write BD-R XL and BD-RE XL triple layer (100GB) and BD-R XL quadruple layer (128GB) discs. Additionally, the drive can play back and record on virtually all disc formats including CD, DVD, and Blu-ray Disc. The drive comes bundled with CyberLink software to support BDXL and is ready for use out of the box. For a limited time, Pioneer is including a piece of BD-R XL 100GB media for free with each drive.
Further enhancing the user experience, Pioneer has incorporated proprietary technologies to significantly improve recording and playback quality. Its Limit Equalizer technology improves RF signals generated when reading data from Blu-ray Discs and enables improved playback capability. Along with a new, airtight structure that helps keep the drive quiet and protects against contaminants and dust particles, the Disc Vibration Stabilizer feature helps protect the disc from warping during the writing process, resulting in a higher quality written disc.
The BDR-206MBK is currently available for a suggested retail price of $199. The BDXL drive can be purchased at Fry’s Electronics and at www.pioneerelectronics.com.
- I-O DATA Announces DVRP-U8C Series Of Colorful Portable DVD Writers
- Plextor Launches PX-L611U External Slim DVD Writer In Europe
- PLDS Introduces New Plextor And Lite-On Products At CES
- LG Unveils New Optical Drives And NAS Devices At CES
- Mitsubishi ARLEDIA DVD-R Media Now Available Under Verbatim Brand
- Lite-On Announces eNAU608 External Slim DVD Writer With LabelTag And Customizable Cover
- I-O Data Announces Two New 3D-Enabled Blu-ray Disc Writers
- Lite-On iHAS624 DVD Writer Combines LightScribe And LabelTag
- I-O DATA Announces BRP-U6 Portable 6x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- Plextor Launches PX-L890SA 24x DVD Writer