MPEG LA, LLC, world leader in alternative one-stop patent licenses, announces a call for patents essential to the Multiview Video Codec (“MVC”) standard used to deliver 3D video images. MVC is currently used for storage and playback of 3D video content on Blu-ray Disc™ devices and optical discs.
MPEG LA invites any party that believes it has patents that are essential to the MVC Standard to submit them by February 18, 2011 for evaluation of their essentiality by MPEG LA’s patent evaluators in order to participate in the creation of, and determine licensing terms for, a joint MVC patent license. MVC is described in Annex H of ITU-T Rec. H.264 (03/10) and ISO/IEC IS 14496-10:2010 (Dec. 15, 2010). Presently, evaluations will be based on ISO/IEC IS 14496-10:2010 (Dec. 15, 2010). Although only issued patents will be included in the license, in order to participate in the license development process, patent applications with claims that their owners believe are essential to the MVC Standard and likely to issue in a patent also may be submitted.
Further information, along with terms and procedures governing patent submissions, can be found at http://www.mpegla.com/main/pid/mvc/default.aspx.
- Hardware Reviews - 2/2/2011
- HighPoint Launches RocketHybrid HBAs With HyperDuo Technology
- Intel Finds SATA Design Flaw In 6 Series Chipset
- NewerTech Announces Plug And Play eSATA To USB 3.0 Adapter
- One-Blue To Launch One-Stop Shop Blu-ray Licensing Program On April 1st, 2011
- TRENDnet Launches 3-Port 200Mbps Powerline AV Adapter
- Cloud Engines Unveils Pogoplug Video
- Thermaltake Announces First Computer Case With Integrated GoFlex Drive Docking Station
- Buffalo Launches New External USB 3.0 Hard Drives
- NETGEAR Introduces Universal WiFi Range Extender And Powerline Network Solutions At CES