I-O DATA Japan sent out a press release this morning, announcing its new 14x Blu-ray Disc writer, the BRD-S14X. Like the Buffalo BRXL-14FBS, the BRD-S14X appears to be based on the LG BH14NS40. The drive is capable of 14x BD-R (with Sony 6x BD-R media), 12x BD-R DL, 6x BD-R LTH, 2x BD-RE and 2x BD-RE DL writing speeds. The BRD-S14X can also write to triple- (100GB) and quad-layer (128GB) BD-R media at 6x and triple-layer (100GB) BD-RE media at 2x.
The BRD-S14X comes bundled with WinDVD BD3D as well as Nero Express Essentials and is expected to cost 13,600 Yen ($234US) when it hits stores at the end of March.
- Rimage Announces Blu Lock Anti-Rip Copy Protection For Blu-ray Discs
- Sony Announces 1.5TB Optical Disc Archive Storage System
- I-O Data Announces BRD-UT14X External USB 3.0 Blu-ray Disc Writer
- StorageQuest Announces Availability Of Blu-ray Optical Network Appliance
- DISC Announces ArXtor Series Of Blu-ray Archival Storage Libraries
- Buffalo Unveils World's Smallest And Lightest Portable BDXL Compatible Blu-ray Disc Writer
- Buffalo Announces BRXL-14FBS BDXL Compatible 14x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- DataLocker Announces SecureDisk Self-Encrypting DVD-R And CD-R Media
- Plextor Launches PlexEasy DVD Burner In Europe
- TEAC Launches BD-W512SA BDXL Compatible Blu-ray Disc Writer