HighPoint Technologies, Inc., the industry’s price-leader for SATA and SAS HBA and storage solutions expands its performance-leading USB 3.0 product line, launching the industry’s first Hybrid USB 3.0 HBA, the RocketU 1142A.
Powered by 4 independent 5Gb/s USB 3.0 controllers and a PCI-Express 2.0 x4 interface, the RocketU 1142A is an ideal USB 3.0 upgrade solution for high-performance desktop and workstation PC’s.
The RocketU 1142A is the ultimate USB 3.0 upgrade for desktop and workstation PC’s. The unique hybrid port architecture features two external 5Gb/s Type-A ports, and a 10Gb/s internal expansion port that allows to add USB 3.0 device support to the front panel of desktop and workstation chassis.
The two industry standard type-A ports support a variety of external storage devices including USB 3.0 hard drives, SSD’s, enclosures and docking bays. The internal port delivers 10Gb/s worth of transfer bandwidth, and was designed for use with standardized 19-pin USB 3.0 front panel card-readers and device hubs.
RocketU 1142A is fully backwards compatible with PCI-Express 1.0 systems, supports external USB hard drives, SSD’s, and enclosures of generation and can be easily installed into any standard PC-based desktop and workstation. Device drivers are readily available for popular PC operating systems including Windows 7, Vista, 2008.
Complete USB 3.0 Storage Solutions
Only HighPoint can deliver 20Gb/s host-to-target USB 3.0 storage solutions with dedicated 5Gb/s per-port performance.
The RocketU 1142A is the ideal host controller for HighPoint’s 10Gb’s RocketStor Storage Enclosures and RocketPanel USB 3.0 front panels. The hybrid internal/external port configuration, dedicated SuperSpeed controllers and PCI-E 2.0 x4 bus-speeds deliver an unprecedented combination of performance and versatility.
The RocketU 1142A will become available late-February to early March, from HighPoint’s world-wide network of Distribution and Reseller channels.
- Addonics CipherUSB Pass-Through Adapter Provides Encryption For Flash, USB And Optical Drives
- RAIDON Launches GR3630-SB3 2-Bay USB 3.0 Storage Solution
- Lian Li Expands Its Line Of Data Storage Chassis With The PC-Q12 And PC-Q18
- TRENDnet Ships 500Mbps Powerline Adapter With Four Integrated Gigabit Ports
- ICY DOCK Announces DuoSwap MB971SP-B 5.25" Hot Swap Drive Caddy
- Icy Dock Introduces EZ-FIT Pro Dual 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch SSD/HDD Bracket
- ASRock Introduces Game Blaster Sound Card With Scout Mode Technology
- Corel Completes Acquisition Of Roxio
- Cisco Announces Linksys HomePlug AV Powerline Solutions
- Corel Acquires Roxio Business From Rovi Corporation