Dane-Elec, a global leader in consumer electronics, is now offering the first products in its USB 3.0 flash drive line-up, the Pro Sport Line. The compact-sized drives of the Sport line deliver SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology in a portable and convenient design.
“For many consumers, transitioning from USB 2.0 to 3.0 is exciting yet confusing,” commented Sherry Chapman, director of marketing at Dane-Elec. “Our Sport flash drives offer true 3.0 technology in a compact form factor, designed to help consumers easily switch to USB 3.0. With a sleek design and fun colors, the Sport line gives users the increased speed of USB 3.0 for all their file storage and transfer needs.”
High capacity USB 3.0 flash drives offer both increased storage space and faster file transfer times. USB 3.0 will back up or transfer larger files from devices such as high megapixel cameras and high definition (HD) video cameras in less time than ever before. Additionally, new computers and Windows 7 take advantage of USB 3.0 technology.
How is USB 3.0 different from 2.0?
USB 3.0 delivers dramatically improved data transfer rates and performance, up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. It also provides improved power efficiency since it has lower active and idle power requirements. Lastly, USB 3.0 is bidirectional, meaning it has two data paths for sending and receiving data at the same time.
What about my old USB 2.0 computer?
USB 3.0 flash drives are backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports, so can be used with your existing computer. When used on a USB 2.0 device, USB 3.0 drives also reduce data transfer times.
Dane-Elec’s USB 3.0 Sport flash drives are perfect for consumers. They feature a small and convenient capless design with swivel mechanism and an aluminum outer shell. The Sport line is available in three capacities each with a different color: 8 gigabyte (GB) in red, 16GB in blue and 32GB in black. The Sport line has read speeds of up to 80 megabytes (MB) per second, and write speeds of up to 10MB/s (8GB), 20MB/s (16GB) and 30MB/s (32GB).
Dane-Elec’s USB 3.0 Sport flash drives will be available at Amazon.com this month. Each drive features a five-year warranty.
- Kingston Expands Device Support For Wi-Drive
- IceWEB Selects OCZ Talos 2 And Deneva 2 SSDs For High-Performance Unified Data Storage Systems
- Thecus Announces ThecusPAD NAS Management Tablet
- Team Group Presents Industrial NAND Flash Card Series
- ADATA SP900 And SP800 SSDs Now Available In The USA And Canada
- Seagate To Demonstrate 12Gb/s SAS SSDs At SCSI Trade Association's Technical Showcase
- OCZ Releases Firmware Enhancement for Vertex 4 Series SSDs
- Mimoco Unveils Limited Edition Darth Maul MIMOBOT USB Flash Drive
- Apacer Launches Next-Gen SDM4 Middle Profile Wide-Temp Modular SSDs
- OCZ Technology To Showcase Enterprise Storage Solutions At Interop 2012