Buffalo Japan sent out a press release this morning, announcing its new 14x Blu-ray Disc writer, the BRXL-14FBS. Based on what appears to be the LG BH14NS40, this new drive is capable of 14x BD-R (with Sony 6x BD-R media), 12x BD-R DL, 6x BD-R LTH, 2x BD-RE and 2x BD-RE DL writing speeds. On top of that, the BRXL-14FBS can write to triple- (100GB) and quad-layer (128GB) BD-R media at 6x and triple-layer (100GB) BD-RE media at 2x.
The BRXL-14FBS comes with a software bundle from CyberLink that supports BDXL recording as well as Blu-ray 3D playback. it also includes DiXiM BD Burner 2011 from DigiOn, which lets you burn copy-protected digtal content directly from from DLNA or UPnP devices on your home network. The BRXL-14FBS is scheduled to ship at the end of March and is expected to retail for about 18,900 Yen ($232US).
- I-O Data Announces BRD-UT14X External USB 3.0 Blu-ray Disc Writer
- StorageQuest Announces Availability Of Blu-ray Optical Network Appliance
- DISC Announces ArXtor Series Of Blu-ray Archival Storage Libraries
- I-O DATA Announces BRD-S14X BDXL Compatible 14x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- Buffalo Unveils World's Smallest And Lightest Portable BDXL Compatible Blu-ray Disc Writer
- DataLocker Announces SecureDisk Self-Encrypting DVD-R And CD-R Media
- Plextor Launches PlexEasy DVD Burner In Europe
- TEAC Launches BD-W512SA BDXL Compatible Blu-ray Disc Writer
- Moser Baer Launches ‘Expressions’ Scented DVD-R Discs
- ASUS Launches DRW-24B5ST 24x DVD Writer